Setting up your fundraising page is a breeze!
Find a link to the Write-A-Thon homepage after reading this quick guide.
1. When you make it to LSP's Write-A-Thon homepage, find and press this FUNDRAISE button.
2. Enter the amount of pledged donations you want to raise for LSP when prompted to do so. Participants must raise at least $100 to attend the event, but Aim Higher Than That!!!
3. Linking your fundraiser to Facebook when prompted to do so will boost the number of pledges you receive
4. Finally, you’ll arrive at your blank fundraiser page. It's a clean slate and you should feel free to make it your own! All of the fields that are marked with an asterisk are required before you can publish the page.
5. Hover your cursor above these bullets to highlight fields in the page that you’ll need to fill. NOTE: only those fields followed by an asterisk are really important, but it’s your page! Do anything you like with it.
6. As you fill out the "Description" field, you’re welcome to use some of LSP’s mission language to describe our work, but your supporters are interested in your story. Take some time to reflect on why you’re participating in the Write-A-Thon. Are you an old friend of the Louisville Story Program aiming to support our mission? Are you a writer excited to demonstrate your commitment to the craft by dedicating a day to your work? Whatever your reasons for participating, write it out! Tell your supporters what’s important to you, what writing means to you.
You'll want to delete at very least DELETE THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT WE'VE AUTO FILLED IN THE DESCRIPTION FIELD.
7. You must upload an image to your fundraising page. Please feel use an image or video of your choice, or use the Write-A-Thon logo!
8. When you have the page filled out, and you're ready to go, press the publish button at the bottom left of the screen.
That's it! Now follow this link to the Write-A-Thon homepage, and get started! Remember to link to Facebook if you can, or just put the URL in the body of emails that you send to your family and friends. Thanks! Happy Writing!